[Wiki Loves Monuments] 'evaluation'

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:46:28 UTC 2015

Hi Lodewijk,
it's not the fisrt time that I am saying that the measures of the
evaluation are able to measure quantities and not qualities.

If the aim of Wikimedia is to improve also the qualities, it's clear the
direction that the movement is taking.

I know that measuring quantities is easier, but it's not an evaluation, are
simple numbers without a clear "strategy".

regards

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it seems that the WMF evaluation department has once again put together an
> evaluation of Wiki Loves Monuments. Out of curiosity, were any of the
> organizers involved in this? A quick glance suggests some factual errors,
> and again a big focus on assuming WLM is a consistent project, that is
> similar in each country (while in reality it is a diverse collection of
> projects, tailored to the needs of each country, by its community) and with
> a focus towards number crunching.
>
> Statements that begin with 'the average Wiki Loves Monuments
> implementation/contest' make my eyes bleed... Did anyone make a more
> thorough analysis of the report?
>
> Best,
> Lodewijk

Ilario Valdelli