[Wiki Loves Monuments] Moving monuments database to Wikidata

Nicolas VIGNERON vigneron.nicolas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 20:09:34 UTC 2015

> The database it not down, and will be there until somebody does cleanup.

The database is not down no but it's going to be.
As erfgoedbot isn't running anymore, all the changes on the wikipédias are
not harvested into the database anymore (eg. in France, since end of June,
we add all the news 2014 protected monuments), so the database is more and
more obsolete everyday and less and less useful :(

> But the erfgoedbot itself is stopped because there were changes needed for
> the changes implemented in the API. Until now it was more or less
> maintenance free, now it needs a rewrite, hence this discussion.
>
> And yes, my mail was to think about the other tools, only building a
> database without the tools to use it makes no sense.

Very true but there is a very big number of tools on and around Wikidata.

Cdlt, ~nicolas