[Wiki Loves Monuments] Moving monuments database to Wikidata

Nicolas VIGNERON vigneron.nicolas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:00:23 UTC 2015

> Nicolas VIGNERON, 26/07/2015 18:41:
>
>> Label are indeed unique but you can add as many alias as you want (see
>> french label on https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q3533061 ). You just need
>> to choose a primary one, is it a problem ?
>>

> Yes it is a potential problem, think of name/label "Municipio" or "Duomo".
> The label could be made unique by adding the name of the institution
> somewhere, of course; no idea whether that's accepted, surely it's ugly
> (and a maintenance burden).

I'm a bit lost, are you not making a confusion about the meaning of «
Unique » in English? (I made the same confusion as a French speaker).

You have to choose one single label per item (except aliases) but this
label could be use on multiple item.
Hundreds of item could have the label « Municipio ». It is very common for
the churches (look for « église Saint-Martin » in French).

Cdlt, ~nicolas