[Wiki Loves Monuments] Moving monuments database to Wikidata

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 11:13:15 UTC 2015

Jane Darnell, 26/07/2015 08:42:
> Meanwhile, we should be migrating the entire infrastructure to Wikidata
> to enable the next generation of tooling.

As is well known, Italy has no official list of cultural heritage items
and in general no functioning way to discover, document or use cultural
heritage.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Italian_cultural_heritage_on_the_Wikimedia_projects

Therefore, WLM-IT lists are hand-made with data shared voluntarily by
the (few hundreds) supporting entities and use self-made identifiers.
How can such a thing fit in Wikidata?

Nemo