[Wiki Loves Monuments] [Wikimedia-l] Wiki Loves Monuments in Italy largely blocked by WMF fundraising

Romaine Wiki romaine.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 17:04:41 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Having spoken with some people, I have come to the conclusion that it is
time to ask the Wikimedia community what they think about this situation. I
have especially seen both parties, the Wiki Loves Monuments organising
teams who like to have a banner for Wiki Loves Monuments in September, and
the WMF Fundraising team who likes to have a fundraising banner in
September. Then the question remains: what has more value for the Wikimedia
movement?

To find out what the Wikimedia community thinks about this situation, I
have set up this Request for Comment:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Fundraising_banner_or_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_banner

Romaine