[Wiki Loves Monuments] International prizes ?

Ynhockey ynhockey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:31:32 UTC 2014

Hi Sylvain and everyone else who is wondering (I was asked a few times):

The answer is: the first prize is a scholarship to Wikimania 2015 in Mexico
City. There should be two additional cash prizes (2nd and 3rd place),
however, their size will depend on the amount we need for the first prize.
I.e., if the first prize is American-based (for example), it will be
cheaper to fly them to Mexico City than if they are Europe-based, for
example. Therefore the exact sum will only be known after the winner is
decided. If the scholarship will be very cheap, we will also be able to
give small prizes to the 4th-10th places (can't promise).

In general: we sincerely apologize for the delay in this procedure; we've
been working hard on getting the grant from WMF and were only able to
overcome the bureaucratic hurdles (not the WMF's fault, to be fair)
recently.

Will keep everyone posted.

—Yan (Ynhockey).