[Wiki Loves Monuments] New Program Evaluation report: Wiki Loves Monuments

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 27 19:55:18 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>wrote:

> Asaf Bartov, 25/01/2014 03:12:
>
>  Thanks!  The most interesting datum I've noticed so far is the rate of
>> active editor (5+ edits/month) retention among new contributors after
>> six months, which is about 0.4%.
>>

> Is "active editor retention" a metric defined somewhere?
> It's not in <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:WMF_
> standardized_editor_classes>.

I guess it isn't, and it seems to me it should be.  But I'm not a
researcher, and I leave it to the research community to figure out if this
is an interesting metric for them.  I can tell you it's an interesting
metric to _me_, because making 1 edit some time within six months of
registration is _much_ less meaningful than making at least 5 edits a month
(which is the active editor definition).

(I note that https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Active_editor is not
in the above category, and is also not defined on Meta.  Once again, I'm
not taking it upon myself to fix those pages, as I feel they are !owned by
others.  But it behooves us to get these a little more aligned.  CCing
Dario and crossing my fingers.

   Asaf
--
    Asaf Bartov