[Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM Participants' Survey: Favorite topics for future photo contests

Estermann Beat beat.estermann at bfh.ch
Wed Jan 15 15:54:06 UTC 2014

Dear all,

This might be of interest as well: "According to you, what would be the most interesting topic for a future photo contest?"

The most frequent responses from the WLM 2013 participants:

-       Cultural heritage objects (historical buildings, etc.) - 72% of respondents

-       Natural heritage sites - 65%

-       Various types of items of which photographs are needed for specific Wikipedia articles - 41%

-       Artworks on public grounds - 41%

-       Plants - 30%

-       Animals - 28%

Again, compared to the entire population of potential photo contest participants, there is likely to be a self-selection bias in favor of cultural heritage (only people who like to take photos of cultural heritage actually participated in the contest and were therefore polled.)

And again, you'll find a per country analysis in the attachment.

I think these are the survey results that are most useful for deciding which contest(s) to carry out this year.

I will try to send you the results regarding the other survey questions during February. I don't have much time right now to do the analyses; and we also discovered an issue related to missing data from Thailand today which we should probably look into before continuing with the analysis.

Cheers,
Beat

Beat Estermann
Research Associate