[Wiki Loves Monuments] 2014 contest

Abbad Diraneyya aaddira at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 12 09:30:36 UTC 2014

Hi,
It's nice to know there's still interested countries around!
This was our first year in the Arab world region, so we still has way to go. The organization of the contest in few middle eastern countries in 2013 helped introduce WLM for the first time to Arabic Wikipedia community, so now we have a lot more of interested countries and people; there's at least 4 new countries that have already expressed interest in joining the 2014 edition. If there's international contest, then we are definitely in.
For WLE, I find it really interesting, but if there's going to be WLM 2014 then maybe it will be hard to run both at the same time, as we barely have enough resources and energies to run one contest effectively.
Abbad.