[Wiki Loves Monuments] 2014 contest

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Sat Jan 11 21:26:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

I don't think it would be necessary to organize it in may per se. However,
I do think we should only organize one major international competition at a
time in September. So there has to be a choice. You could even stretch it
to two months, and let countries pick (august/september) a month.

While countries are needed to organize it successfully (very much!) you
will also need a dedicated international team of 5-7 people to coordinate
everything, assuming it will be more than 10 countries. It is quite a bit
of work :) Especially, on the technical side a good (and better)
coordination is required to make sure things are ready in time. Without an
international team, I don't see an international competition happening. Of
course you could try to organize a national competition anyway (nothing
prohibits that really), but you'll have to do some of the stuff the
international community picked up in the past years yourself.

Lodewijk