[Wiki Loves Monuments] [Jury Tool] Registration

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Mon Sep 23 03:03:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

With most of the usability issues ironed out the last two weeks with
the countries that were testing the tool, I have been preparing for
deployment for the rest of the  countries. Unfortunately, due to
persona issues I won't have much time to take care of each
installation and configuration as I planned (at least for a couple of
weeks), so what I did is roll out all of the installations at

http://wlm.wmflabs.org/<country code>

At the moment no tool (except for those  that were testing it these
weeks) have users, so the first thing I'll ask every coordinator in
every country listed at

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2013/JuryTool

ist to register in your own tool using the following URL

http://wlm.wmflabs.org/<country code>/register

I'll take care of promoting the first user registered in every tool as
admin of the tool in around 24 hours, which will let that user
configure the tool. For countries that are going to test this only,
and expect to use the tool on October, feel free to configure it for
testing purposes since the tool can be reset.

One unimplemented feature that came as a suggestion from Michael Maggs
(and was something Lodewijk suggested on our original conversation
too) is not to decide the number of rounds upfront, but rather have a
way to start a round when needed. I didn't  find the time to implement
this feature, yet the tool is able to feedback from its own output so
if your country does not know exactly how many rounds you will need,
just configure the tool for one round, and you'll be able to export
all images that meet some criteria, I'll reset the tool, and you can
use that output for another round.

All questions to my e-mail to keep the mailing list clear, please.

David E. Narvaez