[Wiki Loves Monuments] Special Awards

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Fri Sep 20 22:28:57 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm happy to be able to announce two more Special Awards categories - both
sponsored by Guiddoo! These awards focus on two areas in the world very
interesting cultural heritage, but more challenges in organizing a
competition.

Their first Special Award focuses on Arab speaking countries. We're already
excited to have five Arab speaking countries on board (Algeria, Egypt,
Jordan, Syria and Tunisia - last year we had none) and now there is even
more reason to upload your images for those competitions!

The second Special Award focuses on the east , southeast and south Asian
countries (China, Hong Kong, India, Nepal, Philippines, Taiwan and
Thailand), also a 'growth area' for Wiki Loves Monuments this year. Last
year of those, only the Philippines and India participated.

In both special award categories, Guiddoo provides three voucher prizes,
worth 200, 150 and 100 euro. The prizes will be devided over the best three
photos of each category, picked from the 10 nominees each country sends to
the international jury. The prizes will be in parallel to the regular
national and international competition, and other than using the nominees
from the national prizes, they will not influence each other. Decisions
about these categories will be made by a dedicated jury with members from
the relevant countries'  national juries.

I hope this will stimulate further participation!

Best,