[Wiki Loves Monuments] Tool to add Coordinates

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Sat Sep 14 18:36:16 UTC 2013

OSM has traditionally been very firm that taking coordinates directly from
Google Maps is not valid for their license, but I'm not sure how well their
license maps to ours in this case. A coordinate is basically the only piece
of information they need, so they'd be copying all the information, whereas
for us it's a much smaller detail in an overall work, so it's more like
checking a single entry in a reference book.

I think we're okay :-)

(Besides, in most cases we'd need the satellite view to be sure if the
building isn't specifically mapped already...)

A.