[Wiki Loves Monuments] UploadWizard bug?

Andre Koopal andre at molens.org
Fri Sep 6 15:38:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 04:16:56PM +0200, Platonides wrote:
> On 06/09/13 02:13, Samat wrote:
> >It looks that the ID is still not required:
> >* upload without ID (without any desreption):
> >https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Testimage.png
>
> http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlm2013/uploads.php?country=hu&type=empty
> (NEW!)
>
> >* upload with an invalid ID:
> >https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Testimage2.jpg
>
> http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlm2013/uploads.php?type=bad&author=203129
>

> I can make the bot automatically leave for your country a "You
> haven't provided an id" template to the uploader but under your own
> responsability. Do you really want to reprimend the user because he
> placed a space instead of a dash in the identifier?
>
> However, I find Kaew proposal of preparing a template for
> notificating "You forgot the id" a very good idea, as that can offer
> a more prepared explanation than the quick one made up by the
> notifier.

If you choose the wording carefully it isn't a reprimand, but a warning that
there picture doesn't compete in the competition, because a valid ID is
required. If you then link to the helpdesk so they can ask for help, and
of course link to documentation where they can find the information,
this can even be seen positive.

Regards,

Andre