[Wiki Loves Monuments] Improved tool for listing WLM uploads

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:29:12 UTC 2012

I have been enriching http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlm/uploads.php
with information from the description page.

(Actually the tool was ready since at least 17th September, but
it didn't catch up with the uploaded files until today)

It's strongest point is that it shows the monument identifiers
along the upload information. If the identifier doesn't appear
in the monument db, it is shown in red, so it's easy to center
on «potentially problematic ids» (but don't take it as final,
several red ids seem ok, looks like incomplete info in the db).

The new files are being parsed right now every 5 minutes. If you
don't see an identifier for an upload there are several options:

1. It hasn't been parsed yet.
2. Your country doesn't use identifiers.
3. The user didn't provide an identifier.
4. The bot didn't found the template.

With different 'solutions':
1. Easy to detect since the country won't be shown either. Wait until it
gets loaded or browse an earlier day :)
2. You have a hard work determining the right images, but there's little
I can automatically do in that case.
3. The case we are trying to find.
4. Maybe the bot was expecting {{Denkmalgeschütztes Objekt Österreich}}
and it was included through {{doo}}, your template allows up to three
identifiers in one template (it accepts fine multiple instances of a
template, but fr and ca needed to check for this case), it used some
different call (eg. id= instead of 1=), it used yet another template
(there are ~10 cases for Germany)... Bring that file to my attention.

I recommend setting an appropiately high limit and browsing the uploads
per day to your country.

With the same backend, there's a tool grouping users:
http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlm/users.php

As the uploads information lives in a database, it is very simple to
gather statistics from it:

We have 270274 photos right now (increasing constantly, we are at crazy
speed), distributed in the following way:
+---------+-------+
| country | count |
+---------+-------+
| pl      | 37316 |
| es      | 33592 |
| de      | 23281 |
| ua      | 23140 |
| fr      | 22002 |
| us      | 16717 |
| cz      | 14058 |
| in      | 13355 |
| ru      | 11158 |
| at      |  8413 |
| mx      |  7292 |
| ro      |  6718 |
| it      |  6276 |
| nl      |  5709 |
| by      |  5243 |
| co      |  4836 |
| ca      |  4272 |
| ar      |  3957 |
| be      |  3494 |
| se      |  2659 |
| rs      |  2430 |
| cl      |  2384 |
| ee      |  1987 |
| il      |  1869 |
| za      |  1566 |
| ph      |  1561 |
| ch      |  1116 |
| no      |  1107 |
| pa      |   798 |
| sk      |   707 |
| dk      |   405 |
| ad      |   254 |
| lu      |   216 |
| ke      |    90 |
| gh      |    63 |
| NULL    |    31 |
| gr      |    20 |
| mk      |     1 |
+---------+-------+

(yes, we have 20 photos from Greece and 1 from Macedonia despite the
fact that they don't participate in WLM2012 :)

It's also interesting to show the aggregation of files-per-day (these
are UTC days):
+----------+-------+
| day      | count |
+----------+-------+