[Wiki Loves Monuments] When to Flickr Import

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:39:30 UTC 2012

On 27/09/12 17:20, David Narvaez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Related to the other thread about the checklist, I wanted to ask about
> the following situation:
>
> We have a rather large amount of photos participating in the contest
> that are in Flickr and I was wondering when is it good to import them
> into Commons. I was thinking maybe Oct 1st, and filtering by upload
> time, so to avoid leaving photos behind. How does that affect the
> overall count etc? How are other organizers dealing with the Flickr
> import?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> David E. Narvaez

I am already doing uploads.
The problem is that it needs human overview.
Bad filenames that you need to complete, too tiny descriptions (eg.
empty or just the identifier) or too long (such as including long texts
copied from other websites).

Another benefit of uploading now is that all tools will take them into
account, where as files uploaded in August may (should) need overrides
to note that those are bots allowed to upload late images.

Regards