[Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM and Human.io

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:36:11 UTC 2012

2012/9/25 Tomasz W. Kozłowski <odder.wiki at gmail.com>:
> On 25 September 2012 22:06, Maarten Dammers wrote:
>
>> Nice, but are the photos at http://wikipedia.human.io/ at Commons? What is
>> the license? Who is the author?
>
> I doubt it, looks like it's not that much of a good idea after all. It
> seems to me that the pictures are currently being uploaded to their
> server, and the pictures are copyrighted by Tasty Labs, Inc. Not to
> mention that they are using the Wikipedia trademark, and I very much
> doubt that they have contacted the Wikimedia Foundation about it.
>
> I'll be contacting Tasty Labs with all those questions in a minute.

Right now, the page says: "By submitting a photograph to this project,
you (i) affirm that the photograph is your original work and you have
all sufficient right to grant the following license and (ii) hereby
license the photograph under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
Unported License."

Strainu