[Wiki Loves Monuments] Advice about what to do with a troll? participant

Racso racso at colombia.com
Sat Sep 15 16:26:58 UTC 2012

2012/9/15 Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>

> I'm looking for the dead rat to add [[Category:Dead animals]] and it's
> taking a while to spot it. ;-)

Looks like you found it :P

2012/9/15 Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org>

> Thanks for your mail.

No, thank you and everyone else for your advice! :)

> So, if this indeed seems like a detail of monument 06-050

The fact is that here (and maybe in some of your countries) some areas are
monuments as a whole. In this case, for example, 06-050 refers to the
"historic zone" of a town, so buildings, streets, etc. that are located in
the area are considered to be valid. So yes, those are details of a
building which is located in the historic zone.

> Disqualification won't help anyone and will at best get you huge
> discussions

Well, I was hoping to optimize the amount of photos the jury will see so
they can truly focus in picking the best images. More images mean more work
and stress for them; having them review more than 100 (!) columns pictures
(which, as you said, probably won't win anything) is, imho, innecesary.

OK guys, if you think the pictures are fine then I'm happy with that
(specially because, as I told before, is a lot of work to keep checking new
pictures looking for "invalid" stuff). I will let every picture participate
(even the rats, I guess; the jury will whip them out) and limit my actions
just to telling people who uploaded photos without valid IDs to tag them
properly.

Thank you all.
Oscar