[Wiki Loves Monuments] Slovak WLM

emijrp emijrp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 08:42:27 UTC 2012

2012/9/13 Nuno Tavares <nuno.tavares at wikimedia.pt>

> Well, if my opinion counts, I'd rather let them run for a month (thus
> ending the Oct 14th. That way nobody is hurt, I believe, it's just a matter
> of how fast they can gather 1) the database

They have the lists with some coordinates. Done.

> 2) the website

It may be a bit late to register a domain, so, create a page in sk
Wikipedia or Commons for the contest?

> 3) the juri

Wikipedians?

> and, eventually, 4) the prizes.

Request for a grant?

> I just learned about Israeli exception, so I really don't see the issue
> why shouldn't SK do the same... wasn't Russia 2011 raised with similar
> delay, last year?
>

> -NT
>

> Em 12-09-2012 23:20, Lodewijk escreveu:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> if you're able to have everything in order before that moment I could
>> possibly live with it. However, you should have all business in order
>> before then (this is not to be underestimated at such short notice),
>> including prizes (no prizes is an option too, although highly
>> unfortunate) and jury.
>>
>> However, I would be quite against having the finishing date of Israel.
>> Israel is here a strong exception because the hebrew calendar system is
>> different than ours, and newyear starts at Sept 14. This does leave them
>> with an extremely short time to run jury results. Having Slovakia with a
>> shifted timeline too, would be highly unfortunate. Also, this would mean
>> you would have to disqualify all images uploaded so far (you mentioned
>> 100 accidental uploads?). So *if* you're able to join, I strongly prefer
>> you would still end at September 30. I know this doesn't sound nicely,
>> but otherwise things become very confusing.
>>
>> Best,
>> Lodewijk
>>
>> 2012/9/13 Matej Grochal <ggrosi48 at gmail.com <mailto:ggrosi48 at gmail.com>>
>>

>>     Dear colleagues,
>>
>>     First of all, thank you for the feedback.
>>     Joining in with Israel in terms of the timeline seems like a do-able
>>     option if we pushed the starting date further a bit. <- What would be
>>     the hard limits on that?
>>     The infrastructre is getting built as we speak (thank you for the
>> help!)
>>     Our thinking is that it is better to take this oportunity and not to
>>     wait until 2013.
>>     WLM and the Wiki family is, after all, a project of hope,
>>
>>     Thank you for your support,
>>
>>     Matej Grochal
>>     (Jetam)

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
Projects: AVBOT <http://code.google.com/p/avbot/> |
StatMediaWiki<http://statmediawiki.forja.rediris.es>
| WikiEvidens <http://code.google.com/p/wikievidens/> |
WikiPapers<http://wikipapers.referata.com>