[Wiki Loves Monuments] Camera users - the Android app is for you!

Philip Chang pchang at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 12 22:42:15 UTC 2012

Just a note that we noticed the translations on Translatewiki, in terms of
the upload more string in the app, were taking a while. In fact, only Dutch
was done today when we switched to the template.

Since it may be easier for the WLM community to update the template, and
the Translatewiki folks are dealing with a lot, perhaps we should see if
the template gets enough translations by next week before switching to the
Mediawiki message?

Phil

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Platonides <platonides at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/09/12 23:35, Platonides wrote:
> > On 12/09/12 21:28, Philip Chang wrote:
> >> Jean-Frederic, the change has been made to the app and will be pushed
> >> shortly.
> >>
> >> Thank you so much for your help.
> >>
> >> I will announce this on the list after the update is live, and ask the
> >> WLM community to add their languages to the template.
> >>
> >> Phil
> > I think it should be a MediaWiki message instead.
> > (ie. replace {{Upload-more-photos-of-this-monument}} with
> > {{int:upload-more-photos-of-this-monument}} )
> I added it to wikimedia-messages extension, so it will be possible to
> update it at translatewiki
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/23599/
>
> I'll update the template when it gets live on Commons.
> The current version will use the template, but the change to message
> may happen in next week release.
>
> Regards

Phil Inje Chang
Product Manager, Mobile