[Wiki Loves Monuments] Reuploading

Philip Chang pchang at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 5 22:07:26 UTC 2012

Thanks again. My question was more about Upload Wizard, I think we are ok
with the app. I figured out that Upload Wizard can insert templates based
on the campaign and ID in the URL.

We are working on a new feature that adds a pre-filled link to Upload
Wizard on the file page of every mobile upload.

We are calling this, "Mobile to desktop upload."

The idea is any mobile upload can be a placeholder for more uploads for
that monument.

This should help the standard usage of people using cameras, but the mobile
app can help with finding monuments and keeping a record of which monuments
to upload photos for later.

Phil

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Platonides <platonides at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Philip Chang wrote:
> >
> >     Platonides,
> >
> >     Is ID FIeld 2 definitely needed for Upload Wizard? Elke said it was
> >     not needed for mobile uploads, but please confirm that too.
> >
> >     Thanks.
> >
> >     Phil
>
> On 05/09/12 19:21, Philip Chang wrote:
> > Also, is the contest template what goes into ID Field 1?
>
> Most countries use only one field. It is indeed the monument identifier
> template what goes into ID field 1 (the term contest template could be
> confused with "{{Wiki Loves Monuments 2012|xy}}", which we place at
> autoWikiText).
>
> Two id fields are used by the various wlm-de campaigns, wlm-pa (they
> encode if it's a student or adult) and wlm-pl (idField1 is actually half
> template, the second code is the region code).
>

> I suggest you consult with the local organisers if it's ok for mobile
> app uploads to only provide one.

Phil Inje Chang
Product Manager, Mobile
Wikimedia Foundation