[Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM banner problem

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 10:54:05 UTC 2012

On 5 September 2012 12:11, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lusitana has just granted the right to use her work in relation to the
> contest WLM.without credits, so it is actually OK.

She did agree not to mention her name when the logo is used in
relation to the contest (and she did that in August 2011), but still
-- the licence chosen makes it clear that it is required to place a
link to its text whenever the image is used.

We cannot do that due to space limitation (and I am sure that a link
in the "alt" or "title" attribution wouldn't count), so we are still
violating its terms. Susana would probably need to release the logo
into the public domain (or we'll need to change the banners so they
link to the licence).

--
Tomasz W. Kozłowski
a.k.a. [[user:odder]]