[Wiki Loves Monuments] Reuploading

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 21:53:48 UTC 2012

On 04/09/12 23:15, Philip Chang wrote:
> Thanks for this feedback.
>
> A user subpage sounds good but the issue is how to create that from the app.

Hmm, it should be easy: action=edit&title=User:Pchang/Files%20
to_upload_later&appendtext=*%20DSC0001.JPG%20From+the+top+of+Eiffel+Tower.%0A&summary=Adding+note+using+the+Mobile+App+to+upload+from+the+Desktop+the+file+
DSC0001.JPG&token=...

> What I am imagining is adding a category to those specific uploads,
> something like, "To be replaced on desktop."
>
> This will help users find them later and would provide some indicator to
> admins.

The main problem is when to consider an upload-to-be abandoned. How long
will it take the user to upload it from home? A couple of days? A week?
A month?
It doesn't seem unlikely that a user waits up to a month to upload his
vacation photos (to begin with he may need to go back home from the
country he is visiting, and then he will have more priority issues than
uploading to Commons). But leaving a placeholder file for a month seems
too much IMHO.

Regards