[Wiki Loves Monuments] Reuploading

Philip Chang pchang at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 4 21:15:57 UTC 2012

Thanks for this feedback.

A user subpage sounds good but the issue is how to create that from the app.

What I am imagining is adding a category to those specific uploads,
something like, "To be replaced on desktop."

This will help users find them later and would provide some indicator to
admins.

Phil

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Platonides <platonides at gmail.com> wrote:

> El 04/09/12 21:13, Philip Chang escribió:
> > To add to Jon's comment, we are considering a simple UI change to make
> > it obvious that users can upload from mobile and then replace the images
> > later on the desktop.
> >
> > This assumes that replacing files is allowed, based on the copyright
> > considerations discussed earlier in this thread.
> >
> > If there is any preference for this feature, please let us know.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Yes, of course. I guess the risk is that some admin gets annoyed with
> such placeholders and speedies them before the user gets to it.
> Something like preparing a list in a user subpage of "files I need to
> upload from the desktop" looks to be more in "the wiki way".

Phil Inje Chang
Product Manager, Mobile
Wikimedia Foundation
415-812-0854 m