[Wiki Loves Monuments] Acceptable licences (UploadCampaigns options)

Michael Andersen mian at tdcadsl.dk
Sun Sep 2 18:53:47 UTC 2012

Hi

The idea was to have a contest where users upload pictures of monuments with
a free license.

But some free licenses are better than others. What would happen if one of
the winners was a GFDL? Would it not mean that we would have to add the
whole GFDL text to the calendar and wherever we would like to use the
photos?

I think that it would be a shame.

And why only September? Why not include August?

Because it is a contest and we have to have some rules. If we allow each
country to do as they like it is hard to run the contest.

So I think we should make as few exceptions as possible. I think licenses
that are more free than Cc-by-sa-3.0 is ok (Cc-Zero and PD-self) but I would
not like GFDL for example.

Cheers
Michael / MGA73