[Wiki Loves Monuments] first day to total uploads ratio

Peter Ekman pdekman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 12:08:58 UTC 2012

I'm trying to get a rough estimate of the number of uploads to expect
for WLM-US.
One way would be to look at last year's first day total uploads and
compare it to last years total uploads for the month (~169,000
overall).  So if the ratio was 1:50, I'd just multiply the 1st day
uploads in the US by 50.
Yesterday (1st 24 hours) we had 615 uploads so if 50 is the right
multiplier, we'd estimate about 31,000.  Some might say 30 is the
right multiplier (30 days in a month), but 37 would estimate that the
last week gets twice as many uploads.  Does anybody have a real number
from last year?
It's fairly important to estimate the total uploads so that we can
mobilize the right number of people for tasks such as reviewing the
pix, placing them in the lists, and pre-jury screening.  So far I've
been using the standard scientific method of pulling a number out of
my wazoo ("US is almost as big as Europe ==> 100,000")
Any help appreciated.
Pete Ekman
User:Smallbones