[Wiki Loves Monuments] Help make contact with user

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Sat Oct 27 21:29:10 UTC 2012

Hi Cristian,

I agree with the principle. That being said, it is up to the local
organizers to interpret it to some extent. Many monument photos have not
been identified by the uploader because they couldn't find their way in the
lists - and they were later identified by the volunteers. In my opinion,
that doesn't disqualify the image, because in the end it has been
identified. However, this rule does put the burden with the uploader. If
for whatever reason our volunteers cannot find the monument either (bad
description?) or they are just lazy - that is his problem and we can
disqualify the image.

The same goes imho for the email address requirement. We don't specify
/when/ it has to be given. If the local organizers are willing to put in
that effort I'm happy if they contact him otherwise and ask him to activate
the email address. However, it does put the burden with the participant -
if it takes too long for the opinion of the organizers, they can disqualify
the user from receiving a prize.

So my advice would definitely be: if you contact him otherwise, give clear
deadlines. If he doesn't respond before a certain moment: too bad, prize
gone.

Best,

Lodewijk