[Wiki Loves Monuments] Feedback for survey questions

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:04:59 UTC 2012

On 09/10/12 15:40, Lodewijk wrote:
> Wow, great form! I assume multilingual is possible? I'd be happy to help
> make that happen if you let me know how.

Yes.
You can view the translation file here:
http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlmsurvey/Wlmsurvey.i18n.txt

It can simply be fed into translatewiki.net

> For the output at multiple choise, please make sure that all
> translations get the English choices as output. Otherwise interpretation
> is like hell.

Don't worry. Maybe they aren't the most suited keywords, but they won't
be in a dozen languages :)

> Could you make the comment fields less wide and a bit longer?

I adjusted it a bit. See if you like it.

> Can you number the questions?

Numbers added.

> The second answer in "When were (most of) your submissions for 2012
> taken?" should say January - August.
> The third option should say 2000 - 2011. I realize there's a bit of
> weirdness with WLM2011, but I don't think we should lead them too much
> to that. Lets keep it as similar to last years survey as possible here
> and offer similar options.

It's copied from the etherpad. I do see value in splitting at Sep (and
also at the summer). Although perhaps it should be phrased differently.

> At Motivation, 'Wikipedia' should be capitalized.

Fixed.

> Could we add a statement at the top that there are no obligatory questions?

It is obviously possible :)
Where do you want it? Inside the introductory text or somewhere else?