[Wiki Loves Monuments] Most photographed monuments

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:17:42 UTC 2012

Yesterday, Platonides wrote:
> Several people have asked me for a way to view the most photographed
> monuments.
>
> This tool is now implemented
> http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlm/monuments.php
>
> The most photographed monument from all countries* is Colombian 06-050,
> with more than 2000 photos. Although that identifier spans the old sector of the
> city of Tunja, so it's not really fair to compare it with 'conventional monuments' with
> are a statue or a building.

As counting the number of photographs gives too weight to a big
uploaders (single users sending
hundreds of photos of the same monument) and large monuments (those
where you take a lot
of photos eg. Versailles > Eiffel Tower), I implemented a second mode,
using instead the number of
photographers.
And the worldwide winner is... Indian Monument N-UP-A28-a, also known as
Taj Mahal, of which
114 different users uploaded a photo in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.