[Wiki Loves Monuments] Uploader stats

Jane Darnell jane023 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:19:35 UTC 2012

Hmm, Interesting! Those edits by Marivancauteren definitely look like WLM
uploads, but are made with the proper template for the whole category here
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Uilenspiegelmonument_%28Damme%29
Looks like a Wiki Commons savvy user who doesn't care about the contest.
Reflecting on my own activities, I recall making some uploads that I
consciously did not upload with the WLM uploader, because it was museum
content that I felt was unrelated to the building's history (as opposed to
museum content that I felt WAS related to a building's history).

WSC's points are a bit disconcerting - I certainly hope the spike in
non-WLM uploads were just this sort of "related-but-not-WLM" or
"Heritage-but-not-interested-in-contest" and not "frustrated-WLM-attempts".
As for uploads from non-participating countries, I agree there could be
possible future local organizers in that group, if they are not too
frustrated by their upload attempts this year.
Jane