[Wiki Loves Monuments] Uploader stats

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 09:06:41 UTC 2012

Re Erik's point about the spike in non WLM contributors. I'm hoping this is
largely a result of the publicity for WLM, If so it would be interesting to
know:

Were these images that would have qualified for WLM if they'd been
appropriately templated? If so we might have a problem with the process and
a bunch of frustrated editors who tried to participate but had a problem.

Were these monuments from the 160 or so non-participating countries? If so
we may have some people worth approaching who might be willing to help
spread WLM to more countries next year.

Were these images that weren't monuments? I'm hoping that the publicity for
WLM has prompted a lot of other photographers to load images to Commons,
but on things that fit their interests. If so perhaps we should be thinking
about other contests - for example a picture of every river, species and
village,

Was thus a complete coincidence, based on unrelated publicity?

I don't have the tools to analyse this, but it should be possible to
investigate this by looking at the categories that the images in the
unexplained spike were loaded to.

WSC