[Wiki Loves Monuments] incorrect statistic by number of identifiers not in the lists

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:17:55 UTC 2012

2012/10/8 Platonides <platonides at gmail.com>:
> On 08/10/12 14:45, Tomasz Ganicz wrote:
>> Moreover - it puts files on lists which have moved heritage template
>> to the relevant category. In case of Polish contest if the heritage
>> has its own category we asked mass-uploaders to put the file into the
>> category without heritage template in file description.  See for
>> axample:
>>
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_cemetery_in_Cz%C4%99stochowa
>
> IMHO the files should both have the relevant identifier and be in the
> category.
> If I came to the description page (eg. by Special:Search), I wouldn't
> know it was a monument without having to visit all its categories, which
> is impractical.

Yes.. I personally agree with you in 100%. I was even arguing to not
do this in that way, but I failed to persuade our fellow Polish
commoners. They decided several years ago to do it in that way -
before WLM started and they are very bound to this idea,
unfortunately.

> Argh. So you basically made a new division inside the template
> parameter. I can compensate that in the code. I had no idea you were
> doing that.
>
> Although there are multiple formats used:
> A-1834 z 11.08.2008
> 916 z 09.11.1984
> 1061
> 1101/92 z 14.04.1992
> A/3102/78 i 79
> 147/Wlkp/A
> A.734 z 24.05.1993
> 1598-A z 23.11.1995
>
> What is the identifier that should be extracted?

I think it should be taken evrything from the field "$2" + code of
voivodship ($1). In our heritage template:

{{zabytek|$1|$2|$3}}

$1 = code of viovodship
$2 = ID
$3 = exact name of place where the monument is located

for example:

{{zabytek|SL|A- 397/86 z 5.06.1986|Częstochowa}}

The wizzard was forcing people to fill $1 and $2.

ID can have many different structures - usually it is the number +
date but not always - so the best is just to take them as they are.
The mess with id's is not our fault - they were simpy copied from the
xls documents as provided by our National Heritage Institute. I know
that the Institute is actually working on implementation of a new
system of monument's IDs to make them unique and simpler but God knows
when they will do it..

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/