[Wiki Loves Monuments] incorrect statistic by number of identifiers not in the lists

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:29:34 UTC 2012

On 08/10/12 14:30, Андрій Бондаренко wrote:
> 2012/10/8 Strainu:
>     2012/10/8 Андрій Бондаренко:
>     This is very likely to be a problem with the monument database. Is
>     there something "strange" with these identifiers (non-standard format,
>     previous codes included in these fields etc.)? I've seen this happen
>     if the identifiers are larger than the database field, which sometimes
>     happens when more information is included in these fields than just
>     the code.
>
> Iidentifiers themselves look OK, but it is strange and even offensive
> for participants that listed identifiers are counted as not listed.
>
> --
> Regards, Andrij

The "identifiers in the lists" / "not in the lists" should be taken with
a grain of salt.

The quality of that depends a lot on the quality of the monuments lists.

That said, I disagree with the example you bring up of «the most
prominent ukrainian uploader WoxBox has 441 photos "with identifiers not
in the lists" but it is not true»
You can easily see that he has 441 photos tagged with "{{Monument
Ukraine|0}}", which are those taken as "identifiers not in the lists"

http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlm/uploads.php?source=commons&author=2271549&country=ua&type=bad