[Wiki Loves Monuments] incorrect statistic by number of identifiers not in the lists

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:45:57 UTC 2012

2012/10/8 Strainu <strainu10 at gmail.com>:
> 2012/10/8 Андрій Бондаренко <a1 at wikimediaukraine.org.ua>:
>> Dear colleges,
>>
>> I notice that statistic "incorrect statistic by number of identifiers not in
>> the lists" in
>> http://toolserver.org/~platonides/wlm/uploads.php?source=commons&author=2271549&country=ua
>> is incorrect. For example according to this tool the most prominent
>> ukrainian uploader WoxBox has 441photo "with identifiers not in the lists"
>> but it is not true, You could look at this list and find that most of these
>> 441 photo in fact are present in our list. Could you fix it? It is vrey
>> importatnt because we have nominations for users with most number of
>> different listed identifiers.
>>

> This is very likely to be a problem with the monument database. Is
> there something "strange" with these identifiers (non-standard format,
> previous codes included in these fields etc.)? I've seen this happen
> if the identifiers are larger than the database field, which sometimes
> happens when more information is included in these fields than just
> the code.

Moreover - it puts files on lists which have moved heritage template
to the relevant category. In case of Polish contest if the heritage
has its own category we asked mass-uploaders to put the file into the
category without heritage template in file description.  See for
axample:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_cemetery_in_Cz%C4%99stochowa

On the list there are also files with quite proper, but probably too
lenghty heritage number. In Poland the number consist of:
a) the number itself - for example "A-253"
b) the date of registraton for example "A-253 z 18.03.1972"
c) the name of viodoship which registered the heritage, for example
""A-253 z 18.03.1972; województwo podkarpackie"

Numbers itslef are redundant - each voivodship has its own list
starting from A-1 till A-9999,

so for us this list of heratige without proper indetifiers is rather
useless and completely missleading. For us it is not a problem - as
our jury won't be using it - but it may produce false statistics for
our part of contest.

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/