[Wiki Loves Monuments] Rating the photos

aktron at centrum.cz aktron at centrum.cz
Fri Oct 5 12:47:07 UTC 2012

I do believe, if the detail is encyclopedically valuable and illustates something important about the monument (i. e. inside of the cupola of a church) then it should be preserved. We in WLM CZ however remove most of the details, because they do not fill this criterium.

I also think it is up to you which resolutions you would like to accept and which not. Frankly - in every WLM participating country people have different cameras. As far as I know, WLM India has a low ratio MB/picture, while Germany have a superb one. So a simple "template" for all the countries can hardly be used.

Aktron
Wikimedia Czech Republic
> Od: "Tamara Petrovic"
> Datum: 05.10.2012 13:10
> Předmět: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Rating the photos

Hi all,

We got a lot of photos which show monuments' details, so I don't know whether to point out to the jury to eliminate those or not? I mean, do the winner photos have to show the objects in whole?The other thing is we got superb photos that are of low resolution (~1000x768) - should they be eliminated as well? The first round is over, with around 940 photos left for the main jurors to rate.
Tamara