[Wiki Loves Monuments] Rating the photos

Nicu Buculei nicubunu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:15:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Tamara Petrovic wrote:
> We got a lot of photos which show monuments' details, so I don't know
> whether to point out to the jury to eliminate those or not? I mean, do the
> winner photos have to show the objects in whole?

There is no rule about this. If the detail photo is good and useful
for wikipedia, there is no reason it can be a winner.

> The other thing is we got superb photos that are of low resolution
> (~1000x768) - should they be eliminated as well? The first round is over,
> with around 940 photos left for the main jurors to rate.

Low resolution will limit the ways an image can be used (for example,
they may not be printed). So it would be useful for the winner to not
be low resolution.

--
nicu :: http://photoblog.nicubunu.ro/