[Wiki Loves Monuments] WWW123POICOM

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:31:20 UTC 2012

On 03/10/12 14:28, Lodewijk wrote:
> Hi Ilario,
>
> if you are so hard on such a rule, I think it would have been fair to
> tell from the beginning of the contest that you will not allow
> alternative platforms (because that is basically what you're saying).
> The interpretation I would give to this rule, is that /on the platform
> you uploaded/ you need to have your email address confirmed. That scales
> well, and works in the current situation too.
>
> I know you don't like the 123POI upload platform very much, but at the
> very least we shouldn't let the users who used it suffer from that.

One problem is that the 123POI app was advertised as a way to upload to
Wikimedia Commons, not as "an alternative platform to participate in
WLM". So the user in good faith would be thinking to be participating in
Wikimedia Commons.
The app didn't allow linking to the commons user even when existing :(