[Wiki Loves Monuments] translations and English summaries

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon Jul 30 19:01:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

it is almost August, that means it is time to get the banners ready! :) For
this, we need your help and input.

On
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012/CentralNotice
you
can find a detailed description on how we plan to move forward. There may
be some technical changes, but we will still need the translations in all
relevant languages of the banner, and the link to the regular landing page.
You can provide that on that page. Please put your information on the
talkpage or in an email in this thread if you don't know how to edit a
wikitable.

Also, we need like last year for every country a one page description page
in English (if your regular website doesn't happen to be in English). An
example is http://www.wikilovesmonuments.nl/english (maybe with a little
less detail). We need this in case that there are foreigners living in your
country who want to participate, or tourists who visited your country. We
want to link to that English page from our main
wikilovesmonuments.orgwebsite and we ask you to link from it from your
landing page with a clear
icon or something (i.e. a British flag with the word 'English'). Please
link this from
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012/Progress
(third
table) or again, just add it in the talkpage or in this thread if you don't
know how to edit.

Thanks for your help on this!