[Wiki Loves Monuments] prizes and sponsorships question

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Fri Jul 27 15:31:35 UTC 2012

Hi Matthew,

We're reserving the international website for international sponsors and
partners (which will not be a huge number though). If they would agree to
sponsor an international prize as well, we could of course add them as
such.

It will be good to realize though, that the vast majority of the traffic
will go to the national websites. That is where the banner will lead to. So
the visibility on wikilovesmonuments.us will actually be much bigger than
on wikilovesmonuments.org - even if that sounds counterintuitive :) As an
idea: the European websites together caught some 7.5 million hits in
September last year (that is excluding Italy and the UK, and Russia only
half a month). You can probably get a ratio on that and guess how much you
can expect from the US.

Hope that helps,

Lodewijk