[Wiki Loves Monuments] Ideas wanted: Our lists have become too big

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:54:42 UTC 2012

2012/7/27 Vicenç Riullop <vriullop at hotmail.com>:
> I didnt perceive it as a problem last year. Two wiki solutions that work
> quite well:
> 1. Navigation templates. See for example my home list
> https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llista_de_monuments_del_Maresme
> It is a "comarca" with larger municipalities splited. A customazed TOC
> facilitates navigation within the "comarca" and a footer navigation template
> for other lists.
> 2. A search button at https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/P:WLM facilitates
> searching all lists with title prefixed "Llista de monuments..."

Thanks Vicenç, your example looks pretty interesting and easy to
navigate. I also love the pictures you used for category and upload,
they're much nicer than what I've seen elsewhere, I think I'll "steal"
them. :)

It is still a variation from the official Romanian rules for
organizing the list, but given they are absolutely crazy (2 monuments
with successive ids and placed on the same parcel of land can end up
far away in the list) and given that I've already used such an
approach for Bucharest, I think I'll go with splitting the lists by
"comună".

Strainu