[Wiki Loves Monuments] WLM in Portugal.

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:57:29 UTC 2012

El 26/07/12 13:20, manuel.sousa at wikimedia.pt escribió:
> Dear all,
>
> As you may know, Wikimedia Portugal (WMPT) took part in WLM in 2011. A
> team of four ended up making a very successful event with very little money!
>
> However, early this year, they said they would not be available to
> continue and organize the 2012 edition of WLM.
>
> By them, João Miguel Vasconcelos and I stepped forward. However, we
> clearly underestimated the workload involved, as well as the time we
> both could dedicate to this undertaking. Furthermore, unlike last year,
> WMPT community seems much less enthusiastic about WLM.
>
> So, we discussed the matter internally, and have decided not to hold WLM
> 2012 in Portugal.
>
> I'm sorry to be giving such a bad news, but it is better to announced it
> now, than to keep postponing it one more month.
>
> Thanks & regards,
>  Manuel de Sousa
>  Wikimedia Portugal

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd have expected that having the list from last
year, it would be possible to make another edition, even if it wasn't
specially bright.
You are of course welcome to translate WLM-ES website into portuguese,
for those who decide to cross the border in order to participate, but I
find sad that they can't take part in WLM by photographing their own
heritage.

Regards