[Wiki Loves Monuments] monuments in cameroon, what to do if there is no "id"

Barbara Fischer barbara.fischer at wikimedia.de
Mon Jul 23 17:12:38 UTC 2012

Hi Rupert,
actually I would recommend to get in touch with H. E. Mr Lejeune Mbella
Mbella
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Cameroon to France,
Permanent Delegate (26/11/2007)
http://www.unesco.org/eri/cp/cp-nav.asp?country=cm&language=E listed on the
page you named and ask him for advice.

If there is no official monument list at all it will be hard to fullfill
the rules of the contest. Concerning the possibility that a Wikipedia ID
number is created in lack of an official ID please check FAQ
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012/FAQ#What_are_the_basic_rules.3F.
I read it as if Your community could create their own system as long as
there is no official system. Make sure that there is only one system
applied.

I am happy to here that You plan to participate. I thought that it would
only happen next year.

Please feel welcome!

Barbara
*
*
2012/7/23 rupert THURNER <rupert.thurner at gmail.com>

> hi,
>
> what would be the best authority for a monuments list in cameroon? the
> only thing i could find was:
> http://whc.unesco.org/en/statesparties/cm/
>
> a second related question: in case there is no reliable "id", is it
> allowed to create one for wikipedia?
>
> rupert.

Barbara Fischer
Kuratorin für Kulturpartnerschaften

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | NEU: Obentrautstr. 72 | 10963 Berlin
Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de