[Wiki Loves Monuments] FoP and monuments

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 12:56:06 UTC 2012

The WMF supports some not totally free content - fair use images on EN Wiki
are far from free.

I think this might be worth raising as a possible extension to commons in a
new namesspace. Or even a separate project. The WMF is looking for ways to
make the wiki less bitey, and  this would certainly do that.

The key would be to restrict this to images that are free enough to publish
and that it isn't the photographer who is imposing the extra restriction.

WSC