[Wiki Loves Monuments] Queries about WLM

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon May 9 20:54:36 UTC 2011

Hi Strainu,

thanks for your email! It sounds great, and it would definitely be possible.
It would be helpful to read some more background probably what Wiki Loves
Monuments is all about if you didn't do that yet (
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2011/Concept )
. Please realize that by far the most work is in the providing of good lists
of objects (this goes for any topic you choose for the contest).

In many other countries, we cooperate as well with cultural heritage
organizations - who can possibly help you with some raw data for these lists
and some announcements. If you want, we can try to put you in touch with a
relevant organization through our European partners - no guarantees on this
short notice, but we can try. Cooperating with a FLOSS NGO sounds like a
good way to get stuff started, just make sure it is also supported by
several volunteerd from the region. If you need to use Wikimedia/Wikipedia
trademarks (you probably will need to) we will help you get in touch with
the right people at the Wikimedia Foundation and help smoothen the process
to see if they would have any objection. Again no guarantees, but I have
good faith in that - the WMF is always supportive of this kind of
initiatives.

Please keep us updated, I'm very interested to hear more!

Best,

Lodewijk