[Wiki Loves Monuments] update per country

Kilian Kluge kilian at k-kluge.de
Mon Jun 20 14:18:40 UTC 2011

Hi Lodewijk,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org>wrote:

> *Germany*:
> Lists is still biggest bottle neck, together with motivated volunteers
> throughout the country. No data yet in database. Jury, awards etc will work
> out. Seperate update email would be very very welcome!

We're working on the lists, but I'm afraid that there are many great gaps
still to close. But it's different from state to state. I already sent an
e-mail to Maarten for some test imports, but since we have few
template-based lists (two pilots working, though) and will need different
templates for every state/area, this will take some time. I hope that I can
focus on that during the second half of July when the semester has ended.

Currently we're looking for jury candidates, this is going quite well,
actually. We'll have another round of news updates towards the end of this
month (village pump/signpost, blog etc.) and hope to have a jury (s)elected
by mid August at the latest.

We're also looking for awards/prices, but unfortunately we still have very
little to present.

I've been in contact with some partners lately, but nothing decided so far.
There are two smaller towns (and probably a third one which is already
active on Wikipedia) who are very interested in doing local events,
hopefully there will be some kind of a longer "Wiki takes"-event in the
state of Hesse, but the budget for that is not yet confirmed/granted.

There are still very few people involved with organizing WLM as a national
contest, many Wikipedians are working on lists and articles for their local
areas, though. So in short, there's a lack of people who are leading on
issues/topics.

Kilian