[Wiki Loves Monuments] Upload form

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:34:29 UTC 2011

Mike Dupont wrote:
> Hi,
> I have done experiments with this,
> an upload form outside of the wikipedia can be implemented in drupal
> very easily.
> you can create a document type submission with a picture contained.
>
> I have also created bots to do uploaded of pictures, this can been combined.
>
> We should in theory be able to host this on the toolserver, but there is
> a policy against drupal..
> mike

Installing drupal just for providing an upload form? O_O

You can upload from an external site using the classical upload easily
(I doubt UploadWizard allows that) but the users would need to be
logged-in in commons anyway.
The reason for making people go upload to commons is not that people is
already "wiki friendly", but that a goal of the competition is that we
want them able to upload to commons. Although we will provide a custom
interface for the fields they need based on UploadWizard.

Renessaince: the code for [1] is available at [2] but since we will be
using UploadWizard, I wouldn't begin translating that different one.

1-http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Upload&uselang=nlwikilovesmonuments
2-http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:UploadFormNlWikiLovesMonuments.js