[Wiki Loves Monuments] Upload form

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:22:32 UTC 2011

maybe that is good for netherlands, but i can tell you in kosovo the people
are not that wiki friendly. I dont see a problem with integrating drupal and
a wiki. it is all just mysql data anyway.
it is all in the matrix!
mike

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Maarten Dammers <maarten at mdammers.nl>wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Op 15-6-2011 21:56, Mike Dupont schreef:
> > Hi,
> > I have done experiments with this,
> > an upload form outside of the wikipedia can be implemented in drupal
> > very easily.
> > you can create a document type submission with a picture contained.
> >
> > I have also created bots to do uploaded of pictures, this can been
> > combined.
> >
> > We should in theory be able to host this on the toolserver, but there
> > is a policy against drupal..
> I'm sure this works very well, but it's not an option for Wiki Loves
> Monuments.
> We're past the decision point. In Berlin we decided Commons is going to
> be the primary point of upload and we're not going to use custom build
> external sites. One of the goals of Wiki Loves Monuments is to attract
> more people to Commons, having an external site is a bit
> counter-productive to this goal ;-)
>
> Maybe you can help with the api? All php :-)
>
> Maarten
>
> > mike

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania flossk.org
flossal.org