[Wiki Loves Monuments] timeline for WLM Layar app?

Maarten Dammers maarten at mdammers.nl
Mon Jun 13 15:43:24 UTC 2011

Hi Platonides and Raul,

I added the mailing list to the cc.

Op 6-6-2011 0:31, Platonides schreef:
> On 05/06/11 18:48, Maarten Dammers wrote:
>> Hi Raul,
>>
>> Op 3-6-2011 11:39, Raul Kern schreef:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> what's the planned timeline for the WLM Layar app?
>>>
>>> A working Layar app would be an additional plus for WLM-ee to ask
>>> sponsorship from local mobile company (a Layar supporting smartphone
>>> as price for example).
>>> And it would also help to get more people hooked to the competition.
>> Platonides has been working on the API. If the a basic API is up and
>> running we could output things in Layar format. Platonides, how is
>> development going? When the framework is up adding different formats
>> shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>> Maarten
>>> --
>>> Raul
>
> It should be working now.
> See http://toolserver.org/~erfgoed/api/api.php
> Although maybe there's still some bug with some untested option (I
> hope there's not!). Kentaur has been adding KML output. I guess it's
> working, too (?).
Thanks for taking he lead on this Platonides. Api looks nice! Is the
feature to provide a bounding box already available? That's used by
Google Earth/Maps and OpenStreetMap.

> What's the format of Layar files?
The format of Layar files is described at
http://layar.pbworks.com/w/page/7783213/API-structure .
In short: The client (a phone) provides a location and some more info.
The api should return POI's (point of interest) in a JSON format.

So on the search side we need bounding box and point+distance search to
get this working.

Maarten