[Wiki Loves Monuments] Wiki Loves Monuments was crap, it's high time to admit it!

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:08:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicubunu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On a constructive tone, I think this is easily solved at the jury level,
> just make the Wikipedia usefulness one of the noting criteria, even if
> the picture is wonderful done technically and artistically, if there are
> other reasonable pics of that monument on Commons, just don't give it
> the maximum score - in Romania the jury gave 3 notes: artistic,
> technical and usefulness, each pondered: 50%, 30%, 20%.

I second something like this. At the end of the day, Commons doesn't
need yet another bad picture of the Eiffel Tower, but it still needs
more than one picture of that little beautiful church in Southern
Hungary, which only has one picture of the front door. Maybe in the
description of the contest we should emphasize the importance of all
monuments, not just the major ones which are already well described by
the pics that are already on Commons.
Cruccone