[Wiki Loves Monuments] copyright

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Wed Apr 27 09:45:45 UTC 2011

Hi Jane,

I am not sure what you are referring to in your third paragraph, but let me
at least try to clarify the point you make in your first. Maartens first
point (buildings by architects died longer than 70 years ago) relates to the
general principle in copyright that a number of years after the death of the
author, the copyright ceases to exist. Since the non-freedom of panorama is
based on copyright, this is also valid there. So there is, as far as I am
aware, no reference to an "odd" exception there. It is just as well valid
for writers, painters and photographers.

Kind regards,

Lodewijk